My Escape and God’s Providence

I am so thankful that my days are in God’s hands! I don’t always like it, like this past weekend when I really needed a break. I was going to escape on my bike! I came to hubby and said, “It’s time! You want to take a bike ride?” he said yes and down the driveway we went, except that my chain jumped off the gears and was so ridiculously caught around the wheel spoke that Tom had to carry it back to the garage to fix it.

I needed to escape from my mom who had been less than nice all day. It was about 4:00 and I NEEDED A BREAK! Frustration mounted as we had to take the back wheel off to get the thing untangled. About that time, my mom came in the back door of the garage, having exited the house off the back porch. She was in a better mood and then told us she was going to take a walk—down the road!

“No, Mom, you can’t walk down the road.” ‘No’ is one of her least favorite words; however, in spite of her persistence, we were able to redirect her around the house and back inside, and then proceeded on our ride.

My point—if we had left the house the first time, she may have walked down the road, and who knows what may have happened!

Have you ever been there? You want to escape or do something, but God changes your plans often unbeknownst to you and certainly NOT to your liking! “It just so happens that…” You fill in the blank. I like to call those times “God moments”—times when God takes over and has His way, so often highly different than ours!

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways,

And My thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8,9

If God had allowed me to have my way, it could have been disastrous, even deadly. Praise God that we can trust the One who knows every step we take: past, present, and future! Will you trust Him to guide your every step? It sounds like a cliché, but it is so vitally important, especially when your way is dark or difficult. Or perhaps your days are filled with monotonous, seemingly unimportant tasks. Seeking God’s guidance is still important. Keeping focused on God and not on the trial or task will enable you to rest your head on your pillow at night knowing that you have done the right thing.

Two words drive me to keep my conscience as clear as I can and my hands as clean as possible:

“Well done!”

It’s all that matters! Can I keep on this impossible road, doing the task and keeping my heart right? Only by His grace!

Oh, Father, You know my heart. I am so ready to give up! I want to say I can’t keep doing this, but then I know you have placed me here. It is the work you want me to do. Please help me to stay faithful to You and finish the job, not just well, but pleasing in Your sight, with no regrets. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

“His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things,
I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’

Matthew 25:21

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.