- There is no such thing as convenient Christianity! (Wanda original :))
- There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space,
which, whether we like it or not, spells duty. – Winston Churchill.
- God has cut a pattern for my earth life and my celestial garment in the world to come will be shaped from it. Mama’s Way – Thyra Ferre Bjorn p.173
- WE GO THROUGH VALLEYS because GOD’S INTERESTED IN our DEVELOPMENT! – Jack Yost, evangelist
- All the money in the world cannot buy another minute.
- On earth penitence and praise must always sing together. Just as in some of our tunes there are two or three parts, we shall always need repentance to take the bass notes while we are here, while faith in praise can mount up to the very highest notes of the divine gamut of gratitude. Spurgeon’s sermon: Ebeneezer
- Mediocre Christianity was never intended to work for anyone.Jim Berg
- No bodily or physical problem forces you to make wrong choices. If you are thinking hopeless thoughts, they do not come from your body, but from your heart. your body does not make wrong conclusions, your heart does. Jim Berg
- Despair always begins with an expectation, a hope of some kind. Jim Berg
- Observed duties maintain our credit; secret duties maintain our life. 17th century clergyman. Elizabeth Elliot
- Those that have so much power over others as to be able to oppress them have seldom so much power over themselves as not to oppress; great might is a very great snare to many. This degenerate race slighted the honour their ancestors had obtained by virtue and religion and made themselves a great name by that which was the perpetual ruin of their good name. Matthew Henry (Genesis 6)
- “Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon his knees.” – William Cowper
- Are you living a life of meaning? If it should happen that you don’t wake up tomorrow, will this have been a life that meant something?
- Doorways are where the truth is told.
- Deadly combination: ignorance and arrogance. Steve Johns
- We are more consumed with looking like we love Jesus than actually loving Him! We wear hypocritical masks and pretend that we are more spiritual than we are…because we are approval junkies. (can’t remember who said this!)
- I don’t need fig leaves anymore, I have the Robes of the Prince.