Stuck or Planted?

Do you ever feel that way—stuck! Perhaps you are stuck in a job you don’t like or a marriage that is loveless. Are you facing a life of illness where the situation you’re stuck in includes hospitals, prescriptions, and overwhelming medical bills? Sometimes, our “stuck spot” is more petty, like a bad haircut, twenty pounds too many, or a lacking wardrobe; however, those daily grind stuck spots are difficult to overcome too.

Stuck—can’t get out—can’t change it—HELP!

This powerful little prayer is such a challenge! Let us consider…

• John Bunyan, who wrote “Pilgrim’s Progress” while he was stuck in jail
  • J. S. Bach, who wrote 46 pieces of music while in jail
  • Paul, whose imprisonment gave us Ephesians, Colossians, Philippians, and Philemon

All three of these men were stuck in situations that were unchangeable, and yet Bunyan turned his cell into a allegorical backdrop, Bach changed his prison into a concert hall, and Paul traded his chains in for a Spirit-led quill!

And when we consider our Bible heroes, like Esther, Daniel, and Joseph–just to name a few–we realize that they too made lemonade out of their lemony situations.

Stuck or planted?  Are you stuck because you will not make necessary changes, or are you planted right where God wants you to be? 🙂 Hmm. That’s good for thought! Just some helpful conclusions:

• If I can’t change it, I MUST accept it serenely.
  • If I can change it I MUST elicit God’s grace and power to do so, surrendering my will to His.
  • I MUST depend on the Word of God for wisdom, reading it, studying it, and allowing it to keep my thinking biblical.

Perhaps a picture IS worth a thousand words!

Related image

STUCK…

Image result for dead plant in pot

OR PLANTED?

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Cor. 12:9

Posted by

I've been blogging for several years now, and continue to be thankful for the opportunity to share my heart, as well as hone my writing skills. When I was urged to write about my passion, three things came to mind: my God, my family, and music. I am a born-again believer of Jesus Christ. My doctrine is Baptist, my stand is fundamental. I love the Word of God and want to share how it has changed my life. It is my primary passion; however, my family is the close second! God has blessed me with a wonderful godly husband who has led me and discipled me in my walk with Christ. God also gave us three wonderful children who, along with their spouses, all love the Lord and are passionate soldiers in God's army as well. Add seven grandchildren, and my heart is overflowing with praise to my God! Music comes in third and is a great burden on my heart. We all need to find what is acceptable and pleasing to God in this area. Like every area of the Christian life, we cannot just choose music because we like it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.