The Promise of another 1,007 years

The end is near!  There’s a meteor ready to crash into the earth and kill us all!  The economy is collapsing in October!  Last night’s Supermoon/Blood Moon must mean something bad!  It’s so sad that this world is so paranoid. It seems like there’s always someone heralding the end of the world.  Just this weekend I was sidetracked into reading, or I should say skimming, page after page of Bible prophecies in which the writer named America as Babylon, Obama and the Southern King, and Putin as the Northern King. Then the writer offered his book for only thirty-seven dollar which would tell you how to survive the end of the world!

To me, the saddest part of all this is the effect it has on our children. In the past, I have been in the schools when some doom’s day date is drawing near.  I see the fear on their faces and hear it in their voices.  It’s always a blessing to assure them that this world will be here for at least another one thousand seven years!  That peaks their curiosity!  I then explain that God has promised the His Son, Jesus Christ, will reign on this earth for a thousand years and that will take place after seven years of the Tribulation Period. What a joy to have God’s Word and be able to rest in His precious promises!

Truly, we are living in the End Times; however, we have been for the last two thousand years. Yes, many facts are now in place which wasn’t there the last century, but only God the Father knows the exact time of His Son’s return.

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Matthew 24: 36

I hope that promises give you comfort for the day.  As His return draws closer, there will continue to be doom’s day prophets who try to put God in a box.  It doesn’t work!

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55: 8,9

I love that the following verse is also in this chapter:

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: (6)

I have to admit, as I looked at that blood moon last night, it was a little creepy! But it’s just one more example of the mighty power of our God!  I couldn’t help wondering about all the other amazing spectacular sights that are happening every second of the day in our universe, which our God creates and enjoys, and we know nothing about them!  How amazing is our God!

I just want to praise Him for allowing me to see this last week:IMG_7577-001

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalm 19:1

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s