This photo is my desktop screen. I LOVE it! It is also my mission field. You may say, “But where are all the people? What do you have, I ministry to cows?” No, but there are folks in them there parts! God did not call us to the foreign field or to the city. He called us to a zip code which has about 3,000 spread over approximately 64 square miles. (VERY rough figuring!) That’s not a whole lot of people! But…
- Are there people who have not trusted Christ as their Savior? YES!
- Are their families that are broken? YES!
- Are there families that are searching for the truth? YES!
- Are there elderly who need to see Jesus? YES!
- Are there teens who need hope? YES!
- Are there children who need to hear the Gospel? YES!
What does your mission field look like? Do you have a mission field? Is there something that God wants you to do? For example…
- Does the cashier need a friendly word and smile from you? And maybe even a Gospel tract?
- Does a neighbor need to know that you care?
- Does a family member need help? Or even a heartfelt Gospel letter?
- Could you bake a cake for a busy mom or even watch the kids while she goes for groceries?
- Maybe someone in your church needs a listening ear or an encouraging phone call or a smiley face text.
All of these ideas are little seeds that may someday bring forth fruit! Go! Enjoy the summer! Plant some seeds in YOUR mission field! And maybe, just maybe, the Lord will even allow you to see some sprout!
And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward. Matthew 10:42
Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. John 4:35