Cuckoo Heaven

Does it get any better than this: sitting here in my living room, looking out the triple pane window and watching the finches and various other birds come swooping into the feeder as I have my devotions? The sun is shining, the trees are budding, and my cuckoo clock is happily ticking. Now, if you […]

Read More

Many Judases

The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born. Mark 14:21 In just a few days the horrific yet wonderful story of Jesus’ last days on earth […]

Read More

Desperate vs. Curious

As Jesus was approaching Jericho, He and his followers pass by Bartimaeus, a blind man who sat by the road begging. When he was told that it was Jesus passing by, he cried out even louder. The disciples told him to be quiet, but he couldn’t be silenced. Prior to this meeting, Jesus had dealt […]

Read More

Holy Week

This week is a very special time for born-again believers. Even those who are not Christians will recognize the week in various ways. Religious people may spend more time at their churches.  Folks might purchase chocolate bunnies and Easter candy, never giving any thought to the real sufferings of Jesus Christ or His redeeming resurrection. […]

Read More

A Single Tear

The children rushed to see Him, shouting as they came, “He’s coming!” rang throughout the streets, all knowing of His fame. They laughed and danced and cried for joy because the King was near, And all rushed out to see Him: the One they loved so dear. “It’s Jesus, the One from Nazareth, He healed […]

Read More