My superhero

He may not leap from the tallest buildings or wear spandex and a cape, but he is MY superhero! He spends his days battling enemies on every front, from without and within, and never complains. At times, I believe if I could see them, I’d see a whole host of demonic beasties flapping and snarling […]

Read More

Do We Remember?

“The iconic twin towers of downtown Manhattan’s World Trade Center were a triumph of human imagination and will. Completed in 1973, the towers stood at 110 stories each, accommodating 50,000 workers and 200,000 daily visitors in 10 million square feet of space. They were the hub of the bustling Financial District, a top tourist attraction […]

Read More

Success!

Well, for the first time ever, we have grown cantaloupes—just had one tonight for dessert, and it was delicious! I’ve tried before, but they never completely ripened before our sunshine and warm weather gave way to fall. I love living on top of a mountain, but it cuts our growing season by two weeks.  So, […]

Read More

Mrs. Fix-it Strikes Again!

I recently bought a remote-controlled truck for my three-year-old grandson. It was second-hand, but the woman assured me that it worked. So, we took it home, put batteries in it and, voila, the motor ignited. Hooray! However, our enthusiasm was short-lived, because when the wheels hit the floor, it stopped. As I’ve mentioned before, I […]

Read More