The Master’s Touch

Malchus, a servant/guard of the high priest, certainly had a close encounter with Jesus Christ! If you would like to read his story filtered through my vivid imagination, just click here! 🙂 Hope you have had a wonderful, God-honoring Resurrection Sunday! More than that, I hope you too have felt “The Master’s Touch.”

Read More

Mary’s Part

Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment. John 12: 3 It lingers still: the sweet, sweet scent Upon His robe, where’re He went. Mary’s box of treasure […]

Read More

Not Me!

Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended. Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I […]

Read More

When your heart is breaking

Rip! Tear! Snap!  What was that? Oh, it was just my heart, breaking in two! What are you facing, dear reader? For me, it was saying goodbye to my son, daughter-by-choice, and three grandchildren: ages one, three, and five. It’s breaking my heart! For eight years, my son and his family have lived close […]

Read More

Death—the great preserver!

This might sound like an oxymoronic statement, but let me explain.  Think about JFK.  What do you picture? A man in his eighties or a man in his prime?  That youthful face will always be remembered because of his untimely death. Even our Savior is never pictured as an older man because His substitutionary death took […]

Read More

Why Go to Church…

Well, how did you make out yesterday: Sunday? Did you make it to church, Sunday School, PM service? Life is full of choices, and those choices shape who we are and what we believe about ourselves, others, and God. Choices: I went to church vs. I did not go to church That decision may have […]

Read More

Ask not what your church can do for you … OR … Lessons from the Church Refrigerator

I first encountered a church refrigerator while teaching Kindergarten with a wonderful group of people known as Emmanuel  Baptist Church of West Shore.  I remember one of the teachers getting frustrated about all the “stuff” which was left in the fridge. Churches are communal property; therefore, rights and responsibilities are sometimes nebulous.  For example, who […]

Read More