I Know Not the Man

Run!  Run!  The words shouted at him from within as the angry faces drew nearer.  Run—his fear told him.  Run—his anger screamed.  Run—his bitter disappointments cried; and he ran, never looking back. As the voices from without grew dim, the voices within raged on!  He ran blindly as tears clouded his vision, stumbling down the […]

Read More

The Extinction of Humans

I stared at the photo of an asteroid the size of the moon smashing into the earth and listened as I watched the face with dark-rimmed glasses talk about the extinction of humans—an interesting page for two high school students to check out, when their class project was finished. After asking them a few questions, […]

Read More

One of God’s Great Don’ts

Once again, this morning’s devotion from Oswald Chamber’s Devotional Bible was a great blessing and challenge!  Dig in!  It’s short, so you can read it a couple times!! 🙂 It is one thing to say “Fret not,” but a very different thing to have such a disposition that you find yourself able not to fret.  […]

Read More

I Love Evolution

Webster defines evolution as: biology : a theory that the differences between modern plants and animals are because of changes that happened by a natural process over a very long time : the process by which changes in plants and animals happen over time : a process of slow change and development This is a […]

Read More

Bow the Knee

Bowing the knee before Jesus may conjure up in your mind one of several images of someone in the Bible; and if you Google the phrase, you’d be surprised at what comes up! Perhaps blind Bartimaeus, or the woman with an issue of blood, or the disciples came to your mind–certainly, they are just a few […]

Read More

Please Push Me Off This Ladder, Lord

Would anyone in their right mind pray a prayer like that?  I don’t think so. Yes, it’s been one year since my husband’s fall.  For those of you who have joined me since that time—and I am overwhelmed by that number—here’s a recap of the accident: During the renovation of our church gym, my husband, […]

Read More

Trust–When She’s Turning Blue?

Trust–how can I trust the nurse, when my newest little granddaughter is obviously not happy with what she is doing? Yesterday, Callie Brooke made her way into the world, and we praise the Lord that Mommy and baby are doing great!  She was only a few minutes old when we met.   In fact, she had […]

Read More