Too Much Green in My Garden?

“Your carrots look really good,” my mom said as she looked out my kitchen window.  Ah yes, two lacy green rows of baby carrot tops all in a straight row – nice and thick. “Yes, I bought my seeds from the local hardware store,” I said.  “Only paid fifty-two cents for a half scoop of […]

Read More

Empty Nest is for the Birds

Well, it’s official – our last little (or not so little!) bird just flew the nest.  As he said, “Good night. I’ll see you in the morning,” for the last time, a lump came to my throat – the same lump that has been lodging itself there for the past few weeks! The Lord has […]

Read More

Hidden Blessings

“Once I cut down the weeds, I found that the ground was red with wild strawberries.  I guess you’d call them a hidden blessing.” As this dear man shared his testimony in Sunday school a few weeks back, my husband replied, “That will preach!” Hidden blessings: How many blessings are hidden from our lives because […]

Read More

Heavenly Homeland Security

Ah, gardening! I love my garden. I love looking at it out my kitchen window- neat straight rows of healthy plants, and as of yesterday morning, no weeds! What a glorious sight! I’ve trimmed down the size this year, mostly because of my husband’s accident. The garden is mainly my job, but Tom usually tills it in […]

Read More