Best Words on Parenting in the Bible

“When it comes to church and religion, I think it’s important to let my child make his own choice whether or not he wants to go.” This statement always amazes me.  Can you imagine if a parent applied this mentality to school, or the dentist, or the doctor?  Why do we fall back on this […]

Read More

DRAMA QUEEN

Drama queen – someone who gets too upset or angry over small problems Too – more than is needed or wanted; more than is suitable or enough Small – less in size or amount than is average It’s amazing what a few little words will do to a definition.  If you take out the words […]

Read More

The Successful Dad (and Granddad!)

Success – my husband would say, and I agree, that success is finding the will of God and doing it!  So, to be a successful Dad would be to find God’s will for a father, and do it.  That sounds like a very tall order, and it is! The following poem has always been special […]

Read More

O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus

The Institute for Creation Research puts out a wonderful little devotional book called Days of Praise,  which often contains a hymn series.  If you or your church have not discovered them as yet, I hope you’ll visit their website, where you’ll find loads of wonderful material and a wealth of Biblically accurate information. The following is an […]

Read More

His Grace – My Weakness

I love these dancing solar flowers!  A friend and colleague had several in his classroom, and I threatened to steal one.  (I really don’t think I would have, but the temptation was there!)  So, one day he gave me one!  It now sits on the table by my living room window, dancing merrily and bringing […]

Read More

Shocking Reality

As I observe the times in which we live, I sense almost a dread at the shocking reality of Christian beliefs.  Our times are filled with Christianity, in all shapes and sizes.  Some churches which would place themselves under the umbrella of Christianity deny that Jesus is even God’s Son.  To me, that is a shocking […]

Read More