War – The Great Equalizer

Last evening, Tom and I watched a wonderful movie recommended by spiritclips.com for Memorial Day called An American Story aka After The Glory. (By the way, if you have not discovered spiritclips.com, it’s a wonderful site for good family films sponsored by Hallmark.  Check it out!) The film is about six WW2 soldiers who come […]

Read More

Happy Mother’s Day

Okay, so I’m a little late!  Due to the Writing Process Tour obligation and our son’s college graduation, Mother’s day really got pushed to the back burner. Usually, I would have all my kids home for dinner, but again, this year’s circumstances made that impossible as well; however, my cup was full of blessings on […]

Read More

“That Still Small Voice” or “Lessons From a Trash Can”

One Friday, I was subbing as a secretary at our SMALL local  high school.  It was a bit of a hectic day which ended in a flurry of activity: One of the buses had broken down, which meant that we needed to keep the students an extra twenty minutes – on a FRIDAY!  However, “all’s well that […]

Read More

How many are left? About 500…

That’s how many Stradivarius violins still exist today. Born in 1644, Antonio Stradivari is now known as the best luthier (someone who makes or repairs stringed instruments) of all times; and if you plan on buying one, you’d better have several million dollars in your pocket! What makes the Stradivarius violin so valuable?  First, it […]

Read More

My Writing Process Tour

I was asked to take part in the #My Writing Process Tour by Wendy MacDonald at   http://greenlightlady.wordpress.com/.  Wendy is a remarkable photographer and poet, and she does a beautiful job of combining the two talents on her blog. She is in the process of publishing her first book and I can’t WAIT to read it. […]

Read More

My Very Own Jacob’s Ladder!

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.        John 18:36 The above quote contains the words that Jesus spoke to Pilate as the man questions Him […]

Read More