Holiness to the Lord

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. John 18:36 I’ve been working on a blog entitled “My Kingdom” based on the above verse.  There […]

Read More

My Miracle Clock

I use the term loosely – miracle.  There’s really nothing supernatural about my cuckoo clock, but I KNOW that God keeps it running. We inherited the cuckoo clock from my husband’s great-uncle back in the early nineties.  (Is that really over twenty years ago? Inconceivable!!)  It had hung on his wall for years, hanging […]

Read More

Forgiven

Do you have a favorite Bible story or Bible character?  One of my favorites is the Women at the Well in John 4.  She is the subject for my next short story: Forgiven.  I hope the story captures the joy you know of being forgiven.  Forgiven!  What a beautiful word – what a horrible price was […]

Read More

The Cost of Saying, “No.”

What if we say, “No,” What would be the cost? How rough would be the path; How much would it cost? When Jesus calls us to a task Whether big or very small, If we do not what He asks, How great will be our fall? Would I sacrifice the sweetness That permeates our home? […]

Read More

Well done, thou good and faithful servant

For better for worse?  For richer or poorer?  In sickness and in health?  Do we really think all those situations through when we say them?  I don’t think so, and I don’t think we can.  I can’t help thinking about some of the newer versions of the wedding vows, like the one that says, “as […]

Read More