The God of the Impossibe

Exodus 4:2-4 And the LORD said unto him, “What is that in thine hand?” And he said, “A rod.” And he said, “Cast it on the ground.” And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it. And the LORD said unto Moses, “Put forth thine hand, […]

Read More

Walking on Dry Land

Oswald Chambers (1874-1917) is best known for his classic devotional My Utmost for His Highest; however, The Oswald Chambers Daily Devotional Bible also contains many wonderful nuggets from his lesser known writings. Although written nearly one hundred years ago, the following selection is certainly timely and quite challenging.  Like much of his writings, you may […]

Read More

New Story: The God of All That Exists

I’ve been reading though Genesis and enjoying the story about my favorite Bible hero: Joseph.  As I read it, I wondered about Joseph’s steward, especially his statement to the brothers: And he said, Peace be to you, fear not: your God, and the God of your father, hath given you treasure in your sacks: I […]

Read More

Wet Feet

And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.Exodus 14:21 Most believers are familiar with the Biblical account which records God’s parting of the Red Sea, even […]

Read More

Rod and Staff

The shepherd’s rod and staff are a symbol of his care for the sheep.  “…his rod and staff, alluding to the shepherd’s crook, or the rod under which the sheep passed when they were counted (Le 27:32), or the staff with which the shepherds drove away the dogs that would scatter or worry the sheep” […]

Read More

He Maketh Me to Lie Down

Yesterday, the Lord MADE my husband “lie down.”  While working on our gym ceiling, the ladder he was standing on slid, and he fell twelve feet to the hard cement floor.  Tonight, he’s in the hospital for the first time in his life with a broken hip and heel. As I sit here, where I […]

Read More

Is the seed yet in the barn?

This morning, I finally filled by bird feeders.  I’m so thankful that the little birdies do not have to depend upon me for their survival, because I’m not very faithful in feeding them – especially when I’ve run out of seed!  But now the feeders are clean and full and there’s plenty more, not in […]

Read More