God’s thoughts on the State of the Union

“And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.” Genesis 6:6   Did God make a mistake when He created man?  Does this verse say that God was sorry that He created man?  Let’s take this to the ridiculous extreme!  Is it possible that […]

Read More

I WILL NOT YIELD!!

Ah, and what if he hadn’t?  The title of this blog is a quote from my all-time favorite movie, Ever After, and yes, it is a chick flick of the chickiest kind!  It is the true Cinderella story, and this: is Danielle, or Cinderella; however, she never would have gotten here if our dear prince […]

Read More

How many shades of gray are there in Christian Liberty?

How many shades of gray are there in Christian Liberty? What do you do when you suddenly find yourself on the wrong side of the argument, arguing for something that just a few short years ago would have been anathema to you? And how did you get there? Our society is changing so rapidlythat it […]

Read More

A Lesson from my husband

On Saturday morning, the men in our church have a prayer meeting in the church fellowship hall.  Recently, we received a Keurig, which has made their time even more enjoyable!  This past Saturday, my dear husband surprised me with a cup of coffee.  I wasn’t expecting him, because he had only been gone for a […]

Read More

Homosexuality: Grace vs. Law

In the past week, I’ve been hit with this issue four different times.  It’s not something that I would choose to address; however, God had other plans! With every ‘sin’ issue, the real question is: What does God say about this?  As  believers, what do we do with God’s statements, like: “Thou shalt not lie […]

Read More

Don’t forget your deodorant!

If you’re like me, putting deodorant on is just another step in the process of preparing for the day!  You don’t really think about it – you just do it! Well, some mornings, my schedule is off and I get running before I’m really ready for the day!  This usually happens on those rare but […]

Read More

Pork and Sauerkraut – of course!

I come from a long line of Germans even though my married name is MacAvoy!  My maiden name was Hummel, and I love the list of names among my ancestors: Roller, Zeiflie, Kilgus, Fisher…  So, there is never a question as to what we will eat for lunch today: pork and sauerkraut.  Why, you […]

Read More