Dying but Living

(Taken from God is Enough, Hannah Whithall Smith, p. 271) Christ died to give me actual holiness as well as judicial; He died to make me really dead to sin and really alive to God in Him.  He died in order that He might become my life — the only life I have — and , […]

Read More

White Christmas – Mistaken Identity

Another of my Christmas movie favorites is White Christmas.  What a wonderful plot! Bing Crosby, the ever big-hearted do-gooder, has a great plan to help his former army commander, General Waverly.  However, when the housekeeper eavesdrops on his conversation, she only catches a part of his plan and thinks the worst.  When she tells Betty, […]

Read More

The Ugly Side of George Bailey, Part Two: Reality

In 1946, It’s a Wonderful Life was created.  Perhaps it was the era of new camera lens, but this picture doesn’t really capture how the camera filmed George in this scene.  The photo certainly matched the music to create an “other-world” effect!  At this point, reality set in: What if he really had never been […]

Read More

The Ugly Side of George Bailey

As we work our way into the Christmas Season, I thought we’d take a look at some of those Christmas classic movies we all love.  Certainly at the top of my list is It’s A Wonderful Life.  Dear George Bailey truly portrays a lot of us – our problems reveal what’s truly going on in […]

Read More

Lessons at Five-forty-five AM?

“…the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?”  Romans 2:4 I often misquote this verse and say that it is the goodness of God that leads men to repentance.  Well, that is true as well; except that, as is often the case, then we are applying the verse to others and not to ourselves! At […]

Read More

Blue Skies Comin’ My Way

What started out to be a very nasty rainy day, turned into a beautiful balmy Indian-summer treat!  This morning’s sky was ominous with dark clouds; however, as I lay on my living room floor and did my Ab Rippers (hope you are duly impressed!), I looked outside and noticed that the clouds were rolling away, […]

Read More