My Best?

“And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the LORD of hosts.”   Malachi 1:8  I’ve been reading through the Bible this year, and […]

Read More

Trusting His Keeping

“If we trust for ourselves, we must trust for our loved ones also, especially for our children.  God is more their Father than their earthly fathers are, and if they are dear to us they are far dearer to Him.  We cannot, therefore, do anything better for them than to trust them in God’s care, […]

Read More

When Life is Over…LIVE!!!

I can’t help wondering what my mom is thinking tonight – after fifty-five years in one house, this is her last night there.  This is the place where she brought up her two little girls, the place where Dad farmed, where life was lived. It’s over; another chapter has closed in her book of life. […]

Read More

Bear Attack!

So… it’s a beautiful morning and I’m doing the usual 2000 video cutting-edge aerobics when I look out the window and decide to take Pepper for a walk instead.  Good choice, because I not only get good exercise, I also fill my lungs with fresh crisp twenty-four degree country air!  AND I get to talk […]

Read More

The Heavens Declare the Glory of God

The stars were beautiful last night even though the clouds rolled in this morning.  As I looked out the bedroom window during the night, I couldn’t help thinking of Psalm 19: 1 “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.” Truly, the heavens teach us so much about our wonderful […]

Read More

“Eating” Sorrow” ?

Psalm 127:2  “It is vain for you … to eat the bread of sorrows…” Just a quick nugget from my devotions: This verse says it is vain to “eat the bread of sorrows.”  At first glance, we might just skip over this, saying, “Yea, yea, whatever,” especially if we are not sorrowing. At a second […]

Read More