Totally Consecrating

Hannah Whitall Smith lived at the end of the nineteenth century (1832-1911), and her writings still bless Christians today. This passage from a daily devotional called God is Enough (August 29) was taken from her dairies dating back to 1859, one year after her conversion.  Her sensed of consecration is an inspiration to any Christian no matter […]

Read More

Twenty-five years ago today…

Life is filled with defining moments.  Twenty-five years ago today, we left our little house in the orchard fields of Adams county, PA and headed for Greenville, SC.  Twenty-five years!  It doesn’t seem possible.  We packed up our belongings and left our house of dreams with our two little tykes – Tom was three and […]

Read More

Meteor Showers of Blessings

What does it take for God to get your attention?  How hard must He urge you to listen to His call, and is there a direct correlation between our willingness to listen and a heart that is hard?  OUCH! This week, my dear husband and I spent a lovely three days with our youngest son […]

Read More

The Most Beautiful Impossible Weed

Isn’t that a beautiful sight?!  Sorry it’s a little “screeny” but I took it from my kitchen window.  Do you want a tour?  Starting on the right side, there is asparagus that we haven’t enjoyed yet –  just planted last year.  Then there’s cauliflower and cabbage, five rows of potatoes, a new row of beans […]

Read More

It was there all along!

Well, after three days of weeding, I can see my garden again!  The old grey mare just can’t work as long as she used to!  I have to admit, that I wonder why I do this!  The past few years has not been as profitable as I’d have liked, and this year doesn’t look too […]

Read More