A Bowl Full of Cherries

“If life is a bowl full of cherries, then why am I in the pits?”  I’m sure you’ve all heard that statement before!  Well, for me, today has been a day loaded with cherries! It started in the cherry orchard at 7:30 am.  My dear husband went with me to pick them, and what a […]

Read More

A Sweet Savour

A family in our church makes goat’s soap (Naturally Soothing), and we put small bars into our welcome packages.  The bars are stored in the church office. Recently, I went into the office for something and caught a whiff of the beautiful smell of goat’s soap; it almost made me cry because that dear family […]

Read More

Twelve Smooth Stones – The Way of Truth

How do you write a story? Where do the thoughts come from?  I’m not sure how other writers answer that question, but for me, I believe with all my heart that the idea for Twelve Smooth Stones came from my heavenly Father, hence the dedication: I dedicate this book to my gracious Heavenly Father, who […]

Read More

The new Tilly!

I couldn’t bear the thought of another year of ‘babying’ Tilly – trying to coax her to perform; so, we took her to the shop.  I was ready to buy a new tiller until I priced them!  Then I looked on Craig’s list and laughed when I saw a tiller in worse shape than Tilly […]

Read More

Twelve Smooth Stones – a Christian Historical Fiction

Although Esther Ruth Raul, the main character is a fictional character, several other names are not: in particular, Oskar Schindler and Kurt Gerstein. The combined actions of these two men are instrumental in saving Esther’s life: Kurt Gerstein, an SS Officer for the Third Reich, is disillusioned with Hitler’s “Final Solution” as he calls it, […]

Read More

Thanks, Walmart!

At this week’s teen meeting, we started with a challenge about devotions by asking the teens how many days this week they had read their Bibles.  Sad to say, only one had read his Bible once; the rest hadn’t read at all.  You know the saying: Seven days without the Bible, makes one weak! Two […]

Read More