Twelve Smooth Stones – a modern-day Esther story

Last night was my first speaking engagement for Twelve Smooth Stones at our local library.  Several commented that after hearing what I said, it made them want to read my book! So… I thought I’d try to tantalize some of you as well! I’d like to give you three different perspectives about the book; but […]

Read More

Free as a bird!

Freedom – isn’t that what today is all about?  Yesterday, during the morning worship service, we mentioned the names of those who had died in service to our country.  There were only a few, but each name represented a life, a loved one lost in the fight for freedom – if not ours, then someone […]

Read More

God of the Impossible

Our local school district has been in the throes of the difficult decision of closing a school.  Although we are a small district in population, we are large in acreage and local pride. At present, there are three high schools and three elementary schools: two sets are located in the northern, more populated area of […]

Read More

Oh, that stinky stuff!!!

What a beautiful sight!  That, my friends, is my garden; and those lovely dark clumps are manure!!! It sure doesn’t smell very nice, but I’m ready to see more fruit from my labors this year! Like any task, there is a cost involved.  Now I didn’t pay anything for my beautiful manure, but it did cost time […]

Read More

A Mother’s Prayer

It is the prayer of a mother that makes this country strong. For through a mother’s prayers, her children come to God. On bended knee prays the mother, and the Lord will use her son; Christian beauty springs forth in her daughter – Because of prayer, a soul is won. May our land be filled […]

Read More

Our Song of Victory!

I recently had a piano student prepare a beautiful hymn arrangement, and I asked her to play it for an offertory at church.  I was surprised to hear her say that my daughter had recently played the same piece, and a lesson came to mind: We all have the same story to tell: Jesus Saves! […]

Read More