A Lesson From the Piano Strings

For those of you who know the workings of a piano, you understand that the damper pedal moves the felt dampers off of the strings so that they will ring or vibrate when other strings are being struck by hammers as the pianist plays.  The affect is beautiful; in fact, even the average listener would […]

Read More

Wooing Not Demanding

The law says, This do and you will live. The gospel says, Live, and then you will do. The law says, Pay me what you owe me. The gospel says,I freely forgive you everything. The law says, Make yourself a new heart and new spirit. The gospel says, A new heart will I gave you, […]

Read More

You Jew!

“You Jew,” the one teen said. “Don’t say that. You know what Mrs. B said.” The conversation had me curious.  What did Mrs. B say to her students?  I happened to be substitute teaching at our local public high school one day when I overheard this conversation.  So I asked: what did Mrs. B say?  […]

Read More

Jennifer’s Bible

Dear readers, I would like to share something very precious with you.  I know some of you do not personally know our family, but I hope this will be both a challenge and a blessing to you all.  You probably need to know that I am very emotional right now. After spending the last two […]

Read More

Birdie, Birdie in My Window

This morning, while my husband and I were praying in the living room, a loud bang at the window got our attention.  We looked at each other, wondering what it was. “Do you think it was a bird,” I asked.  Tom went out onto the porch, and there lying on the ground was a little […]

Read More

Strong Delusions

“And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:” 2 Thessalonians 2:11 What a powerful statement!  To be deceived by a strong, diabolical lie – this is our enemy’s greatest tactic.  Should we be surprised?  Actually, he’s not very creative – this was his first line of defense […]

Read More