Do you love me?

They looked to me for leadership, even though I did not want it – didn’t deserve it; however, He was gone and I had been the one to lead. Gone!  After three years of indescribable joy and happiness, now He was gone! Those hours after his crucifixion were the lowest points of my life.  All […]

Read More

Draw Nigh to God

After the demise of our first rooster, we were “roosterless” for quite some time. As the months passed, a dear friend gave us another rooster; however by then, the hens were fully grown and our new rooster was just a banty rooster (which means he was small).  When we put him in the pen, the […]

Read More

Practice Makes Perfect!

I’ve taught piano lessons for nearly forty years, (I started teaching when I was two 🙂 )  and I’ve had all kind of students!  One of the most common statements that I hear is, “I played it perfect at home!”  One of the greatest blessings about teaching piano is knowing how many of those students are […]

Read More

P-raise R A Y!

Perhaps you’re unfamiliar with the acronym for the word PRAY:  P – Praise R – Repent A – Ask Y – Yield This morning, I woke from one of those dreams that  make you mad at your innocent husband. 🙂 Poor fellow – thankfully, I awoke first for a change, and by 5:15, I was out on the […]

Read More

I Never Knew You

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7: 23 This is a very sobering statement.  It wields even more dread when we realize that it was said by our Loving Savior, Jesus Christ. Why would He say such a thing, and to whom […]

Read More

Pip and Pop

Once upon a time there was a pipe named Pip.  He was not anything fancy – just a large metal pipe.  Pip lay at the foundry with the other pieces waiting for the day he would be useful. One day, the men from the foundry loaded all the piping onto a truck. Pip was so […]

Read More