Can I Trust Him?

A week ago, we were on our way to South Carolina for the main purpose of hearing our son Nathan’s piano recital.  We stopped in Virginia for a short visit with Tom’s family and then arrived at our destination on Friday afternoon.  After a wonderful visit (and AWESOME recital!!!), we drove the twelve hour trip […]

Read More

Where’s Your Focus?

A wonderful thing about living on the top of a mountain is that it snows almost every day!  They’re not major snows, just enough to make things pretty; however, yesterday’s snow squalls turned out to be an all-day snow, and the predicted one inch eventually turned into four! As I looked out the window this […]

Read More

Let it Snow!

You know, if you’re too busy to take five minutes and make a snowman, remembering all the other snowy creations you made with your kids…then I’d say you’re too busy! Proverbs 17:22  “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine…”

Read More

Spirit-controlled Mind-controlled Body

Saturday morning’s sunshine and light snow begged for a walk, so I leashed Pepper, put on my ‘dungarees’ and off we went.  The sights were absolutely gorgeous!  With about eight inches of fluffy snow, the trees were blanketed with white beauty, and an extra bonus was that the road had not been traveled.  However, as […]

Read More

What do you think?

Well, we’re over halfway through winter, and I thought it was time for a change.  What do you think?  If you have a spare moment, let me know what you think of the blog’s new look by just clicking on the poll below.  (Sorry, no free giveaways…yet!)

Read More

Servant?

We’ve enjoyed most of Downton Abbey.  For the most part, it’s been quite entertaining, thought-provoking and informative about a time in English history of which I knew very little. However, one scene caught my eye in the last episode.  Some of the servants had traveled to Scotland where the family were visiting relatives.  As the […]

Read More