Burn baby, burn!

Now this title could be dedicated to my dear mother and husband who LOVE to burn anything!  They are the movers and shakers when it comes to lawn clean-up!  However, this blog is dedicated to your weary warriors out there serving with a too-full plate. “I can’t keep doing this or I’ll crash and burn.”  […]

Read More

The Wise Woman’s Stone

Originally posted on Morning Story and Dilbert:
Vintage DilbertJanuary 16, 2013 A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone…

Read More

Tonic? Dominant?

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. Romans 6: 14 Dominion – domain – dominant. Dominant!  Ah, for you music theory lovers, that word has a special meaning!  I will try to put it into ‘layman’ terms. Music has twelve different tones, and those […]

Read More

Brains or Trains, and Other Shortcoming

Well, our Winter Wonderland is back with about four inches of fresh snow, so I thought it would be a good day to take Pepper, our black Cocker Spaniel dog, for a walk.  It was beautiful! I’ve come to realize that some things aren’t as important to some people as they are to others, like […]

Read More

A Lesson from Injustice

It’s three AM on a Saturday morning. So, why am I blogging at such a wonderful hour?  Because I was awakened by the whirring noise of machinery.  That wouldn’t be unusual if I lived near a construction site or beside an industrial park, but I live on the top of a mountain, for crying […]

Read More

Satan’s Biggest Lie

Actually, he’s not very original – he’s been using the same lie ever since the beginning of what we call time: “Yea, hath God said…”  (Gen 3:1)  That statement comes in all different shapes and sizes but always boils down to the same lie: Did God really say that? Does the human race really have […]

Read More

A New Year

Happy New Year!  At times, I complain about the clock and look forward to an eternal heaven where time shall be no more; however, today I thank the Lord for a new beginning.  Oh, how we need them! The following poem is from The Continual Burnt Offering, a 1941 daily devotional book by H. A. […]

Read More