Defragment?

A few weeks ago, my computer was really having problems.  Generally, I run my computer like I run the car – if it goes, I go!  Occasionally, I do remember to look at the gas tank and make sure it’s filled! So, I went to two sources: my son-in-law and my dear hubby.  Seth helped […]

Read More

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! 8:00AM As I sit here this morning in front of the tree (don’t you sometimes stop and ask yourself why we put a tree in our living room and then decorate it!), I look beyond the tree upon a beautiful winter wonderland – the serenity of a White Christmas, and all is truly […]

Read More

Keep Looking Up!

Well, today’s the big day – the end of the world!  And why do we know?  Because the Mayan calendar only went as far as 12/21/12.  Are you worried?  I hope not.  I often tell people that as of today, we still have 1,007 years to go before God will truly destroy this world: if […]

Read More

Twenty Kids in Heaven

Someone sent me this poem through email.  Perhaps some of you have already seen it, but I thought it said everything that was in my heart, and more!!! twas’ 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38 when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven’s gate. their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. they could hardly […]

Read More

Welcome Home!

Nathan’s home!! Whoopee!! He’s been away at college, for those of you who don’t already know, and that means he’s twelve hours away; but now he’s here! A strange phenomenon happens when he comes home:  I miss him while he’s gone, believe me, but once he’s home, I realize just how much I REALLY missed […]

Read More

The Power of Pruning

This is our Christmas tree.  We cut one every year if we can.  Over the years, we’ve tucked away a lot of precious memories.  We’ve cut trees in all sorts of places: from http://www.mccurdystreefarm.com near Mechanicsburg, PA (anyone in that area – if you’ve never been there, it’s a WONDERFUL place with wonderful people!) to the […]

Read More

Thank you, Matilda!

I learned SO many lessons last Friday!  Tom and I drove a dear lady from our church to Philadelphia where she will begin radiation treatments after the holidays. First, may I say, as we drove by the Children’s Hospital and then to the Perelman Center, I thank God that I have never had to be […]

Read More