One Stupid Thing

This morning I realized that I had done something stupid yesterday.  (Well, one thing that I could remember!)  I had made play-dough for the kids for the Junior Church lesson and put it into Ziploc baggies.  As I was lying in bed this morning going through the day, I remembered the play-dough, thinking that I shouldn’t have […]

Read More

Fish-man and the Boogie Board

He stands by the edge of the water, watching for a moment, loving the pounding of the surf and constant ebb and flow – it reminds him of God’s immutability (never changing).  But before long, he’s in with a smile of delight. My husband LOVES the ocean!  I like the ocean, I can even say […]

Read More

In My Father’s House

Last Saturday, we had a work day at our church.  We scrubbed windows, painted walls, cleaned closets, decorated for fall…  The men brought in wood for the pastor and his wife to keep them warm this winter, 🙂 and others worked on some electrical issues.  We always have a meal, and go away feeling satisfied […]

Read More

National Day of Mourning

Today is one of the most tragic days in the history of America.  On this day, more Americans died than on any other day in US history.  Even on December 7th, 1941, 2,402 of our soldiers were killed at Pearl Harbor.  September 16th – 18th, 1862, was the bloodiest battle of the Civil War at […]

Read More

Oh, that smile!!

Let me tell you about my grandson, Connor!  When he sees me, his whole face lights up.  That smile is enough to make the worst day a whole lot better.  How does it make me feel?  Loved.  I don’t know if Connor, at thirteen months even knows what love is, but he shows it in […]

Read More