Dealing with Disappointment (Part Two)

“Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.”  Proverbs 13:12 You may have noticed that the countdown calendar is not on my blog page any more.  That’s because I just heard from my publisher that the date of publication has been moved back to March 2013.  […]

Read More

Dealing with Disappointment

“And said, Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither:  the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.” Job 1:21,22 Disappointment – something or someone that is not what you were […]

Read More

The Parable of the Sower

The peas are done, so I pulled them and all the weeds from that area out this morning.  They were planted in the lower section of the garden in the best soil.  As I dug and pulled and felt the rich earth, I wondered what to plant next.  I don’t think I’ve ever done a […]

Read More

Disconnected

My computer finally bit the dust.  For a while, I was using the church’s laptop, but it has screen issues.  Now, I’m using Nathan’s laptop – he’s so gracious.  Because I wasn’t on my computer, I didn’t have my password for my blog (among other things!), so I couldn’t get into my site to write […]

Read More

Desperate Parenting

This spring, Mr. Robin and Mr. Bluebird joined forces to keep Mr. Squirrel out of the tree in my back yard!  It happens to be the tree that contains my bird feeder; however, there must have been a nest up there somewhere as well.  I’ve never seen anything like it  This went on for several […]

Read More