Come Apart and Rest

” And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.”  Mr 6:31 It’s amazing what a day of rest will do for the body, mind and soul.  Yesterday was my […]

Read More

Be An Example

“It takes twenty years to make a sermon, because it takes twenty years to make the man. The true sermon is a thing of life. The sermon grows because the man grows. The sermon is forceful because the man is forceful. The sermon is holy because the man is holy. The sermon is full of […]

Read More

Hidden Treasure!

Yesterday, I made history: my mom and I picked strawberries, raspberries AND blueberries all on the same day!  I started with the strawberries, mom opted for raspberries when she saw me sweeping back the green foliage and diligently searching for tiny crimson treasures!  I had been searching and picking for about twenty minutes, with my […]

Read More

Faith of our Fathers

“And Abraham said, My son,  God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.” Gen. 22:8                   This monumental event has shaped the history ofIsrael, geographically.  Abraham is “tempted” by God to sacrifice his son, Isaac.  A better word would be “proved,” because James tells that […]

Read More

What If It Were Today?

I have always been fascinated with a cuckoo clock.  (No wise cracks, please!)  When I was a child, one of my aunts had a cuckoo clock, and she would push the minute hand ahead so we could see the little bird come out and sing!  Now we are the owners of a cuckoo clock, which […]

Read More

Anne Frank

A girl writes a diary, and her life is forever a memorial for the world to view.  That’s obviously not true for every girl, but when the girl’s name happens to be Anne Frank, then that diary becomes a symbol of all the horrors we now call the Holocaust.  Today, […]

Read More

Weeding 101

Well, this had been an interesting week.  The foot is not broken, but is sporting some very lovely colors!  I’m still hobbling around, but was able to get into the garden two mornings.  Oh, what we can learn from those weeds.! Timing: The best time to weed is when the ground is wet – no […]

Read More