Many Hands…

My garden is finally all planted and serving up lessons right and left!  This week, my son Nathan helped me finish planting.  We worked side by side, chatting as we worked.  Whoever said, “Many hands make light work” was right!  That extra set of hands made the job go a lot faster, but that wasn’t […]

Read More

Twelve Smooth Stones – Gabriel Bachman, high school sweetheart

Gabriel Bachman, two years Esther’s senior, is at the top of his class in every way: academics, athletics and heart.  Every girl longs to be HIS girl, but it is Esther who catches his eye.  I have to wonder if Queen Esther had any admirers among her people before she was taken by the King’s […]

Read More

It’s not WHAT you do, but WHO you are

Mary and Martha – Mary is the well known “sit at Jesus’ feet and anoint them with spikenard” girl.  As I study her life, I see the qualities of a sanguine personality: sociable, charismatic, a people-pleaser.  She has great spiritual insights and is immortalized by Christ for her actions; she understands and seeks “that one needful […]

Read More

Before and After

Well, Tilly perked right up yesterday and did her marvel.  My garden was beginning to look pretty shabby; and even though I appreciate Tilly’s help, I haven’t figured out a way for the tiller to pick out the weeds!  Tilly is a BIG help, but it’s still back breaking work to finish the job: pull […]

Read More

“We have liftoff, Houston!”

When I think about all the hours and effort that would go into space exploration, I feel as though my effort to get Twelve Smooth Stones out there is minuscule; nevertheless, we finally have a date!  Thank you for all of your encouragement and support.  Am I excited?  YES! I will be posting character sketches […]

Read More

In a Fog

The past twenty-four hours has been as bazaar as this spring’s weather!  We picked up Nathan, our youngest, near Harrisburg at 5:00 AM.  (I will not miss that part of these college days!)  As I was driving into Williamsport, the fog was unbelievable.  Usually, you come to a scenic area as you head north on […]

Read More

While Men Slept

Show me a mom who is serious about God, and I’ll show you a child who is serious about God.  Show me a dad who loves the Lord, and I’ll show you a child who loves the Lord. Show me a parent who is faithful to church, and I’ll show you a child who is […]

Read More