Diet or Life Style?

You know the scenario: you step gingerly on the scales, hoping for a good reading, only to have your hopes dashed to pieces.  Not only did you not lose any weight, you’ve gained!  So, you decide you are really going to get serious THIS time, and you go on a diet. My life has been […]

Read More

Absolute Surrender

So, I’m heading east on Route 973, a beautiful drive through the countryside, noticing how all the fields are steaming.  After two days of snow (eight inches in some areas), we’ve enjoyed some beautiful sights, albeit strange: like snow on the ground in the mountains, and subtle bright green  leaves on the trees – a beautiful […]

Read More

Walk for Jordan

When our oldest son was two, the mother of one of our acquaintances gave her two-year-old son a quarter of an aspirin while waiting in an airport for a joining flight.  It lodged in his throat and the loss of oxygen for those few moments caused sever brain damage.  I empathized greatly with her – the Lord taught me many lessons […]

Read More

Leave it Alone!

My grandson is ten months old.  He can crawl to any destination he desires.  One of his favorite spots is the dog’s dish.  His parents wisely moved some things out of his reach – choose your battles – but the dog dish remains in place to teach him one simple word: no. When he touches […]

Read More

This is a Toad

If I said, “This is a toad,” you would question my judgment, perhaps even my sanity! You may even argue, “That’s not a toad, it’s a cat.”  If I asked you how you knew it was a cat, you might stare at me in wonder; but to humor me, you might say, “It’s furry – […]

Read More

Clopsy, the Carpet Cleaner

His way is best?  Do you doubt that?  Why would we ever doubt that the Almighty, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Creator God would know less than we do?  Put it that way, and none of us would ever doubt His ways; however, it’s when the rubber meets the road that our doubts fly!   For example… I own another […]

Read More