Way to go, Tilly!

(Wednesday morning – continued)  Even though the sun is now shining brightly, this morning as I was driving Tilly (and she was driving me crazy), the black clouds were rolling in.  Soon the drops came, just enough to make me want to quit.  Frustrated to the max, I thought of all those people who owned […]

Read More

Tily Tries My Patience

So, today I decide to till the garden instead of exercising.  Running Tilly is definitely exercise!  She must not have slept well, because she is sputtering all over the place!  She’s lost her spunk!  I baby her along, hoping that she’ll kick into high gear – no chance!  I think she’s upset because I was […]

Read More

Ode to Tilly

Dear Tilly is my rototiller.  She’s not actually mine – I’m just ‘borrowing’ her from my mom!  I remember Dad faithfully using Tilly every year for Mom.  (He didn’t know her name though! 🙂 )  I guess it’s the farm girl in me, but I love to put on my dungarees (I just love that […]

Read More

“…for such a time as this”

It is 1843.  A weary mother sits in her one room log cabin in the back woods of Virginia.  She attends church when the itinerate preacher comes to her “neck of the woods.”  She works hard to keep her little cabin clean, her children fed and her husband  happy.  At times she wonders what life […]

Read More

Joy in Serving Jesus

”Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee:  he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.” Ps 55:22 Are you suffering from the Elijah syndrome?  You know: you’ve seen great victory in battle; joy fills your heart; and then, down to pity party pit you go!  Your life mirrors the latest […]

Read More

A Tribute to Bob Jones University

Have you every squished something between two pieces of glass in order to view it through a microscope?  It’s amazing to watch the substance spread out thin so you can see right through it.  It may be a drop of swamp water – that’s always amazing to see all the critters swimming about completely unaware […]

Read More

Life and Death

This morning I received the very sad news of a college friend’s death.  She had been battling cancer, and left behind her husband and two teen sons.  How tragic!  She had accomplished so much in her lifetime; I always felt intimidated by her success.  Now, she’s gone – I can’t seem to comprehend it. How […]

Read More