The Power of Consistency

Ah, is there anything more delicious than a spoonful of rich, creamy, smooth-as-silk chocolate pudding?  Well, perhaps it’s a chunk of velvety  melt-in-you-mouth chocolate fudge.  Rich, creamy, smooth, velvety – these are all adjectives describing the consistency of pudding or fudge, and the consistency can make or break our enjoyment of […]

Read More

The Perfect Potter

I’m in the hands of the Potter: My life was useless clay, Until His gentle hands took me From the storage room that day. He took this hardened lump of dirt And squeezed again and again; I really did not know Him then Or what was in His plan. And when my heart was ready […]

Read More

Common Sense and Sneakers

This past week, Nike released to the public a new basketball sneaker which caused quite a sensation.  In New York, people slept on the street for seven days just to get a pair.  In Orlando, more than 100 deputies in riot gear had to break up an unruly crowd.  All for a sneaker?  Take a […]

Read More

Uncommon People

Are you one of those ‘uncommon people?’ 🙂 Who are they, and how do you know if you are one? What does it mean to be uncommon? If you haven’t already noticed, I rely heavily on two books: the Bible and the dictionary!  Uncommon is defined as: not ordinarily encountered – unusual.  It can also […]

Read More

Common Sense and Exposure

While we’re in the doldrums of February’s winter season, think back or ahead with me to those wonderful summer days at the beach.  The sun is hot, but the ocean breeze combined with an occasional dip cools you and allows you to bake longer in the sun. That exposure tans […]

Read More

Why I wrote Twelve Smooth Stones

What do you like to read?  Are you tired of the same old boy-meets-girl scenario, where their meeting is ruinous, and you spend the rest of your time reading about what you already knew would happen?  I did, so I wrote Twelve Smooth Stones.  For Christians who are attempting to live a holy life, many books […]

Read More

Common Sense for Uncommon People

Common sense –  dictionary.com describes it as sound practical judgment that is independent of specialized knowledge, training, or the like; normal native intelligence.  (Normal native intelligence?  That’s scary!) Yesterday, as I watched a man stand beside his car and blow his nose in the cold and snow instead of getting into the car and out of the weather […]

Read More