The Power of Consistency

Ah, is there anything more delicious than a spoonful of rich, creamy, smooth-as-silk chocolate pudding?  Well, perhaps it’s a chunk of velvety  melt-in-you-mouth chocolate fudge.  Rich, creamy, smooth, velvety – these are all adjectives describing the consistency of pudding or fudge, and the consistency can make or break our enjoyment of the treat.  This truth … More The Power of Consistency

Uncommon People

Are you one of those ‘uncommon people?’ 🙂 Who are they, and how do you know if you are one? What does it mean to be uncommon? If you haven’t already noticed, I rely heavily on two books: the Bible and the dictionary!  Uncommon is defined as: not ordinarily encountered – unusual.  It can also … More Uncommon People

Common Sense for Uncommon People

Common sense –  dictionary.com describes it as sound practical judgment that is independent of specialized knowledge, training, or the like; normal native intelligence.  (Normal native intelligence?  That’s scary!) Yesterday, as I watched a man stand beside his car and blow his nose in the cold and snow instead of getting into the car and out of the weather … More Common Sense for Uncommon People

What Is Salvation

I cannot explain why I wrote the book Twelve Smooth Stones.  The Holocaust has always been an impossible subject to me. I cannot read about it or watch anything concerning its horrors without weeping. Although it may sound trite, I believe with all my heart that God wanted me to write this book.  It would … More What Is Salvation

Hello world!

Welcome to Common Sense for Uncommon People.  At my home here in web land, you will find a variety of articles: my thoughts couched in the Word of God.  It would be nice to sit around my kitchen table with a nice hot cup of tea and our Bibles to talk about Common Sense issues, … More Hello world!